Chai Chats: A Conversation about the Growing South Asian Diaspora in the Philadelphia Region
Sponsored by the Philadelphia chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA)
What: Join AAJA and our featured speakers as they discuss the kaleidoscope of cultures and faiths that make up the growing South Asian diaspora in the region. Journalists: Come get story ideas. Community members: Come discuss issues that are important to you.
When: Saturday, Oct. 18, 2-4 p.m.
Where: Temple University, in Annenberg Hall, basement room 3 (on 13th Street, between Norris and Diamond, Philadelphia)
* Pervez Rafique, chairman, All Pakistan Minorities Alliance, and president of the Pakistan Christian Fellowship
* Zehra Wamiq, founder of the Delaware Valley Speakers Bureau, an affiliate of Islamic Networks Group
* Samip Mallick, executive director, South Asian American Digital Archive
* Suhag Shukla, executive director, Hindu American Foundation
* Rukhsana Hasib, former Commissioner of Asian American Affairs in Philadelphia and former president of the Delaware Valley Bangladesh American Association
RSVP is now closed.
There is no cost to attend this event. We will have South Asian snacks, desserts, tea and other drinks on hand!