We are excited to re-launch AAJA-Philly’s mentorship program, where AAJA-Philly mentors are paired with AAJA-Philly mentees. Having a good mentor is one of the most valuable assets for a journalist (or for anybody really, for that matter).
The structure of the mentorship — how often you meet, what you talk about and work on — is completely up to the mentor and mentee. If you’re interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions by October 12th:
- Do you want to be a mentor or mentee? Please write a short paragraph about what you’re hoping to get out of the mentorship program.
- How many years have you been working as a journalist? Are you a print, TV, radio, online, multimedia reporter? If you have a beat, what is it?
- If you’re requesting to be a mentee, please list your top three choices for a mentor from the AAJA-Philly chapter.
- Availability for November 5th for an afternoon potluck kickoff event?
- Your email, phone number, & best way to contact you.
The mentorship program is a perk for AAJA members only, so take advantage of this opportunity to create deeper relationships with the amazing talent we have in our chapter.