We will have our next AAJA-Philadelphia chapter meeting on Saturday, Sept. 24. Please come out for this very full agenda!
When: 12:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 24
Where: Cube Cafe, 145 N. 11th Street, between Race and Arch streets, in Philadelphia’s Chinatown
(You can get some food, or get desserts like shaved ice or bubble tea!)
RSVP: To Julie Shaw, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Sept. 18.
(This is a small cafe. I need to know how many people will be there so we know how many seats to grab.)
- AAJA convention in Detroit — Michelle Lee, our chapter treasurer, will share some things she learned at the convention. (Some other members may also chime in.)
- Elections! We will have elections for AAJA-Philly board positions this fall.
- Karaoke fundraiser: We will discuss upcoming plans for this fun event, tentatively scheduled for November, to help us raise money for the chapter.
- AAJA-Philadelphia mentorship program: Yes, we will be restarting this!
- Other plans for the fall: An “interviewing techniques” workshop with tips on how to obtain a hard-to-get interview and how better to get the info you want in an interview. Also, we’re planning a party at the end of October!